Monthly Archives: March 2019

Capital gains tax and UK residential property

The Government’s intention is to accelerate the payment of capital gains tax on residential property. At present if you are resident in the UK and you sell a residential property you should consider whether there is a capital gain to report to HMRC. If the gain exceeds the tax-free amount (currently £11,700) or total proceeds… Read more »